Never met them and undoubtedly never will. Still hate them.
I think I probably hate the kids too - all 8 of them. Not completely sure on that point though, they seem ok on the TV show however if they are the spawn of the aforementioned Jon & Kate - I hate them.
You see all the over-exposure in the media has really pissed me off. Up until just a few weeks I had never even heard of these people - not until the press had made it their primary goal to report on these peoples' every monotonous movement.
So now I think that I pretty much know every detail about this horribly dysfunctional family and unfortunately that is way too much information for my liking.
The reason I am bringing this up today is we just had a long weekend where they had a Jon & Kate 'marathon' playing episode after episode on TV of this horrible, mindless tripe.
I was over at my folks place on Sunday evening for dinner and Dad commented that he was both happy & relieved that Mom had actually found a few minutes away from the TV to throw a dinner together as she had been 'glued in front of the damn TV watching that crap for most of the day.'
Actually my mother watches the show (Jon & Kate plus 8) religiously each week. It is apparently one of her favourites for some reason that I cannot comprehend, as I always thought of Mom as being pretty smart.
These days however Mom is not so fond of the show now that Jon & Kate are getting a divorce and the family will be split up.
"Those poor young children" Mom lamented after the marathon had ended. "Whatever will they do without both parents being around them? They need a strong family at their impressionable ages."
I really didn't have the heart to tell her that the show is almost all completely fake. I mean, c'mon:
- the show is filmed in advance and they are hinting at divorce but fail to actually file until the same day as the show is aired - coincidental timing indeed!
- in-laws of the family have been stating for months that incidents, activities and even dialogue is scripted in order to deliver a consistently interesting program to the viewer each week
- they actually did TV promos about 'changes' weeks before the divorce show or even mention of a possible separation
- in the divorce papers filed by Kate, it claims she and husband Jon have been living "separate and apart" for at least two years, yet that is not what they portrayed on their show
The parents are making some sweet cash of reportedly around $70k each per show....the kids make dick, nada, diddley...even though they are the core reason everyone tunes in and also they do a lot of announcing & openings on the show.
So even though all these 'supposed problems' are going on, the show has been picked up for a couple more seasons. Lets hope they go towards a new direction and become remotely truthful, or at the very least - more interesting.
If they are looking for a few new ideas to get started, how about:
- now single, Jon returns home from his upscale New York bachelor apartment accompanied by his new girlfriend Bambi, the crack whore. He immediately attempts to convince the children that Kate is dead and Bambi is their new mother. Between Bambi's street smarts & savvy disposition only hilarity can ensue.
- a cross-over show with the caustic Judge Judy who gives them 10 minutes in her court to agree on how to divide the marital assets and children. Any complaints or back talk from the outspoken hag, Kate, is to be swiftly dealt with by Byrd (the bailiff) who will open up a can of 'whoop-ass' on her sorry, middle-aged self
- Jon actually grows a spine (and a pair) and is no longer acting like the subservient houseboy - Hop-sing, as he has in the previous seasons and finally stands up to the domineering shrew Kate.
- The show hires Octomom, Nadya Suleman and changes the name to John, Kate & Octoqueen plus 16
So enough of this phoney, staged and rehearsed 'so-called' reality show.
If I wanted to watch fake crap with people yelling, arguing and fighting, I would tune into wrestling or even worse, start following politics.