Land Down Under

I've always liked Australia. Never been there in my life, but always liked everything I have seen or heard about it.

They have great weather, beautiful beaches, hot women, cool animals, funny accents and most of all, everyone from there has a great sense of humour.

Over the years in the I.T. field I have had the opportunity to work with numerous people from around the world and I definitely have to say that
the folks from Australia are some of my favorites.

It's not just because of their story-telling ability combined with that crazy accent, it's also because they seem to be very fond of drinking and a great deal of them
can actually give us Canadians a good run for our money.

You must respect folks like that. Well actually you don't - but I kinda do. It's an acquired skill, one what you must work at for long hours on end.

Anyway, I have a number of stories about my many Australian friends I have met however today I wanted to pass on an email that seems to be going around these days.

I received it earlier this week from a couple of people. I am not so sure if it's legitimate, but I am sure it is quite funny.

It is entitled "Why you should NOT befriend your boss on Facebook" and involves a poor employee and his boss in Australia.

Hopefully you haven't seen it before and if you want, feel free to copy and paste it (I did !)

Yeah I know, I am being lazy just copying and pasting. But read on, I did do a little more than that this week - two items this week !! :)



Item #1 - Why you should NOT befriend your boss on Facebook"


From: Niresh Regmi
Sent: Wednesday, 27 August 2008 9:35 a.m.
To: Kyle Doyle
Subject: Absence on Thursday 21st 2008


Hi Kyle,

Please provide a medical certificate stating a valid reason for your sick leave on Thursday 21st 2008.

Thank You


NIRESH REGMI
Real Time Manager, Workforce Operations
Ground Floor, 30 Ross Street, Glebe, NSW, 2037
T: +61 2 9009 1329 Extn:61329
F: + 61 2 9009 1734
W: www.aapt.com.au
E: niresh.regmi@aapt.com.au



From: Kyle Doyle
Sent: Wednesday, 27 August 2008 9:38 a.m.
To: Niresh Regmi
Subject: RE: Absence on Thursday 21st 2008


Niresh,

1 day leave absences do not require a medical certificate as stated in my contract, provided I have stated that I am on leave for medical reasons.

Thanks

Regards,


Kyle Doyle
Resolutions Expert - Technical



From: Niresh Regmi
Sent: Wednesday, 27 August 2008 9:39 a.m.
To: Kyle Doyle
Subject: RE: Absence on Thursday 21st 2008

Hi Kyle,

Usually that is the case, as per your contract. However please note that leave during these occasions is only granted for genuine medical reasons. You line manager has determined that your leave was not due to medical reasons and as such we cannot grant leave on this occasion.

NIRESH REGMI
Real Time Manager, Workforce Operations
Ground Floor, 30 Ross Street, Glebe, NSW, 2037
T: +61 2 9009 1329 Extn:61329
F: + 61 2 9009 1734
W: www.aapt.com.au
E: niresh.regmi@aapt.com.au



From: Kyle Doyle
Sent: Wednesday, 27 August 2008 9:43 a.m.
To: Niresh Regmi
Subject: RE: Absence on Thursday 21st 2008


Hi Niresh,

My leave was due to medical reasons, so you cannot deny leave based on a line manager's discretion, with no proof, please process leave as requested.

Thanks

Regards,



Kyle Doyle
Resolutions Expert - Technical






From: Kyle Doyle
Sent: Wednesday, 27 August 2008 9:55 a.m.
To: Niresh Regmi
Subject: RE: Absence on Thursday 21st 2008


HAHAHA LMAO epic fail

No worries man

Regards,


Kyle Doyle
Resolutions Expert - Technical


Item #2 - I need some ideas


So my second item today is a little poster with a tag line I made below.



If you notice up at the top of my blog, everytime you visit my page or press reload, you should see a different random quote appear.

Well I am looking for some new ones to either add into that list or use to advertise my blog or just even to amuse myself and my readers by creating posters like the one above.

If you can think of some good 'tag lines' for my blog, add them to the comment section below. We could all probably use a good laff these days and I can always use the help in writing, as is painstakingly obvious!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

you made my day with this awesome facebook story! Hahahah.. thanks for sharing Dude!

Anonymous said...

you made my day with this awesome facebook story! Hahahah.. thanks for sharing Dude!

Anonymous said...

wowwowie.. that is from australia too? those buddie wise images??? ^^

Anonymous said...

Hi.How are you? It's nice to read your blog. So, I just drop EC for you. Keep on working on it. Don't forget to Keep on Smiling. Salaam.

Jean Marie said...

you made me laugh on your blog post. Teehee!

Noel and Judy Lovejoy said...

I accidentally found your blog and now I'm hooked! You make me split my sides with laughter. No pressure, but keep up the excellent work. Seems people are the same the world over, we can relate to your stories here in Australia, the same as your native Canadian readers. I will be a constant reader from now on. Oh, by the way, I do not have any tag lines for you today but I will certainly forward any that I come across.

Ashrt said...

That was funny, i live in Australia and can imagine guys doing that

Anonymous said...

"the smoker you drink , the player you get"


"24 hours in a day. 24 beers in a case... coincidence? I don't think so."

Anonymous said...

Forgive the grammatically correct commentary of a humble corporate writer who also happens to be a fan of your blog, but I literally can't stop myself from pointing out that your poster should read, "there is more to life THAN sobriety." Sorry. Really. It's a disease.

jennifer said...

NICE!! lol..damn.

Anonymous said...

Throw another queef on the barbie! G'day, mate!

quarter-life lady. said...

Umm. That's hilarious.

Post a Comment